Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Midlist Writer blog, where he talks about writing, adventure travel, caving, and everything else he gets up to. He also reproduces all the posts from Civil War Horror, so drop on by!

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Back in Spain

My family and I just returned from our regular summer stay in Oxford. We're now back in Santander, northern Spain. I had a productive time in England as usual--hiking, going to London, and researching in the Bodleian Library. I also sat down with my editors at Osprey Publishing to talk about future titles. It looks like I'll have some interesting assignments for 2013.

I have six weeks here in Santander before going off on my next adventure. All I can reveal at the moment is that Gadling, the travel blog I work for, is sending me on a trip that will make my expedition to Somaliland look like a walk to the corner shop. Stay tuned for details!

In the meantime, I'm settling down for six weeks of serious research for the trip and also writing for my book on Wyatt Earp's Vengeance Ride. I'll also have some more time to blog. Looking back over the last few weeks of posts, I see that I've drifted from the Civil War a bit. Because of my current research I've been posting more about the Wild West. There are also more personal posts than normal. Does this bother anyone? Do people come here just for Civil War stuff? There hasn't been a fall-off in hits, but I don't want to alienate my core audience. In any case, there will be more Civil War stuff coming up this week.

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't bother me. It's your blog, and your info is usually very informative. I like your posts that feature the lesser known components in the war or in battles in the west.

    Really wondering where your next Gadling posts will be. I like reading those, so do keep us posted here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I come here because you're one of my blogging buddies and you always post interesting stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Feel free! No anonymous comments allowed, though. Too many spammers and haters on the Internet.