Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Midlist Writer blog, where he talks about writing, adventure travel, caving, and everything else he gets up to. He also reproduces all the posts from Civil War Horror, so drop on by!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Our upcoming photo exhibition on Ethiopia

My brother-in-law Andrès, the same talented guy who designed the cover to my Civil War novel, has made a poster for my wife's and my upcoming photo exhibition. The photos are from our travels around Ethiopia and feature the people and places of Africa's oldest nation. All proceeds go to A Glimmer of Hope, which specializes in rural education. You can read more about them in an article I wrote here.

We're opening on June 1 at one of our favorite bars here in Santander, Spain. If you happen to be in the neighborhood, come to the grand opening! If you can't make it, check out two series I wrote for Gadling about this fascinating African nation. One was a tour around Ethiopia, and the other was about my two months living in Harar, a medieval walled city near the Somali border.

3 comments:

  1. Sean, that is awesome! Hope you'll give us an account of the opening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sean .. that's great news and what a fantastic resource to have as a Brother-in-law .. love the poster.

    .. and boy would I love to be in Santander! One day ..

    I'd love to read your Ethiopian articles .. I'll be back I hope and am sure you'll link us across again ..

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Feel free! No anonymous comments allowed, though. Too many spammers and haters on the Internet.