Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Midlist Writer blog, where he talks about writing, adventure travel, caving, and everything else he gets up to. He also reproduces all the posts from Civil War Horror, so drop on by!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

More on the Civil War pterodactyl photograph

Earlier this week I did a post debunking the Civil War pterodactyl photograph that's been making the rounds on the Internet. A five-minute check of its origins story found many obvious lies.

Now the ultracool conspiracy blog Guerrilla Explorer dug deeper to find out more. Guerrilla Explorer loves a good mystery, but also happens to have a brain so he isn't taken in by surface appearances. He did what I didn't, which was to look not at the story, but at the source. That turns out to be Haxan Films, the same folks that brought us The Blair Witch Project, one of my favorite horror flicks. Read more at the link above. He also has some more info about other living pterodactyl tales that supplements my post on the famous Thunderbird photo.

I still think this would make a good short story. . .

4 comments:

  1. From the master of hoaxes!
    I think it would make a good short story as well. Tales of thunderbirds go back centuries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got to agree with Alex...this would be a great short story...or maybe even a whole book.

      Delete
  2. It would make a good story. I vaguely recall an anthology of ACW horror fiction from the 1990s which had a group of US soldiers excavating the mine just before The Crater discovering a bunch of horrible prehistoric type monsters. That same anthology also had a cracking good story by Michael Moorcock. Alas, I leant my copy to someone who never returned it. Ring any bells?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm. . .nope don't recall that one. I'll go rummage.
      There should be a special curse on those who don't return books, especially since you generally lend books you really like!

      Delete

Got something to say? Feel free! No anonymous comments allowed, though. Too many spammers and haters on the Internet.