Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Midlist Writer blog, where he talks about writing, adventure travel, caving, and everything else he gets up to. He also reproduces all the posts from Civil War Horror, so drop on by!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

So when's the book coming out?

I've been getting this question a lot lately. I was originally planning on having A Fine Likeness come out in late September but had to push it back because the layout people who are getting the ebook ready for Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords have a long list of customers and won't get it to me until October 5. I was planning on bringing out immediately afterwards but now I'm buried in a deadline for my next Osprey Publishing book.

The Osprey book is on the James-Youger gang's ill-fated Northfield raid. I have to get the art references in by the end of this month and will not have time to do a proper marketing blitz for my novel. I also need time to get the layout done for the print version of A Fine Likeness.

So what I'm thinking is having it come out very late in October. This puts it close to Halloween (always good for a horror novel) and allows me to get my paid projects out of the way first. Stay tuned for more news once I have an exact release date, and thanks to all of you who asked!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, if they are that busy, they need to hire some more people. Formatting a finished manuscript to be ready for eBook only takes a short amount of time. Build Table of Contents links, remove tabs and html garbage, verify page breaks, add cover, build eBook. Side load to device, test pictures, links. Convert to file specs and you're done.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Feel free! No anonymous comments allowed, though. Too many spammers and haters on the Internet.